What happens when a wildly popular radio personality, teams up with the most spectacular Jack Nicklaus designed course in the Midwest, and holds a one-day, two-man scramble with accomodations and golf in CzabeVegas next year at first prize?
One HELLUVA good time!
Oh sure, we stretch the course out to the MAX, then BURY all the pins, and say: “Good luck, suckers!” Hence the sometimes heated arguments (above) I end up in with the players!
We are now on our 6th edition of “The ‘Horns” and I think we’re really getting it down. Here’s what I like about this event.
1. It’s competitive. A 2-man scramble means you can keep tabs on the team next to you, and rest assured everyone else in the field is doing the same.
2. It doesn’t take 6 hours. Amazing how LONG a regular corporate 4-man scramble takes, AMIRITE? This one moves. Make a double, PICK UP!
3. You can suck and still have fun. I’d say at least half the field signs up knowing they have NO chance to win, but love getting beat up by this beautiful beast of a golf course.
4. The SWAG. You know I get GOOD stuff. And the top 7 teams get one of the game-used pinflags to hang in their basement. Pretty sweet!
5. I get to meet you people. You are my kind of people. You get it. You get ME, and you like to golf! Even if you ain’t that good!
So go ahead and find a rodeo partner, and buy matching shirts. Because look at all these lovely pictures I take you guys! Doesn’t it look so much more official and SWEET when ya’ll look like a TEAM!?
See you at The Bull in a month!