When training camp broke in Richmond this August, things could have hardly looked more bleak for this team. Fan attendance was pathetic (understandably) there was the pop-up Twitter scandal involving the GM and an ESPN reporter, and RG3 was toppled as the starting QB in a swift, shocking, bloodless coup.
And still… the season appeared lost at 2-4, trailing the woeful Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-0 at home. That was it. The faint pulse of this team, went to a flat, droning beeeeeeeep…. they had coded out.
Then Kirk found the shock paddles… engineered a few TD drives…. and from there… whew! What a ride!
Andy Pollin and I recap the amazing run, and a variety of other topics this week in the “SRBFTD Podcast.” Including… but not limited to…
– Andy calling this team the “Patriots of the NFC East”
– Whether or not we would spurge for any NFC East Champs gear
– Kirk’s kneel-down, and why it was just the second worst all year
– What Scot McLoughan has brought to the organization
– How sweet it was to listen to Philly sports radio after Chip was fired
– Which opponent (MIN, GB, or SEA) we’d prefer in the playoffs
And…. we’ve got another edition of “Random Redskins” letters T-U-V.
So sit back, pour yourself a cold sarsaparilla, and enjoy.